Tuesday 4 December 2007

And So


Good to get out for the first time this winter yesterday, made a last minute decision on sunday evening and managed to persuade duncan and konnie that it was a good idea. Coire an Lochain was in great condition, well rimed although the weather was fairly filthy all day and snowing quite heavily as we walked out. I imagine that most of the snow is now probably heading very rapidly towards the river Spey.





Did Savage Slit which was fairly straightforward for the grade, good kit all the way and some enjoyable thrutching. Watched Ian Parnell do a new more direct start to prore and then piss up the rest of the route, making it look very easy. Forgot my jacket and ended up getting slightly damp and cold in the blizzard.






The heavy traffic on the A9 on the way home (especially the lorries) gave me some seroius road rage. Roll on more northerlies... (hmmm)



1 comment:

Gaz Marshall said...

nice one boys. Good to see a flat outing!
Interestingly I wrote off my car on the A86 this morning, in homage to Viv and Gareth last year. Obviously I too had just done a new route.
Here's to the new season!